Friday, February 16, 2007

More waddle than throttle


My first 5K
Originally uploaded by Imamamma.
So I did it. Last week I finished my first 5K. The race was the first in a 4-race seriesheld every year in Indianapolis. 5K, 10K, 15K and a half-marathon. I'm signed up for all but the half. I'm sure I'll be doing more and more walking as the runs get longer and longer. It wasn't pretty, and it certainly wasn't quick, but I did it. And I ran the whole thing.

I know you're dying for the stats...my finish time was 40:25, ranked 649 out of 757 runners. Right up there at the top... ;-) I did, however, beat some guy right in the last few yards. Poured on the speed and wizzed past him (he probably heard me wheezing behind him and didn't want to get crushed when I finally collapsed).

1 comment:

Lea said...

you're awesome!!!! seriously!!!!
you're an inspiration m'love, to all of us non-runners.