Thursday, December 28, 2006

Your dog died, will that be cash, check, or charge?

DSCN3320.JPGIt's been a while in coming, but as I predicted, Rubik died yesterday. (No, I didn't predict the day, just the upcoming event in general). He died in the kennel, which is kind of a mixed blessing. On one hand, I didn't get to see him one more time and he died in a lonely, foreign place, but on the other hand, I was spared having to find him and figuring out what to do with him. Their general manager, Brian called me and let me know; he said he'd seen Ru just the day before and he was happy and running around, then the next morning, he just didn't wake up. I was glad to get the news from Brian, though. He's been there for eons, and even though I've had my issues with the kennel in general, it's always beein in relation to policies and pricing, never with personnel.

We went in today to 'take care of his affairs' (settle the bill and decide what to do with his remains). They initially treated us like a family member had died, but once they realized we were okay, we even laughed a little bit. I thinked them for keeping the flag at half-mast on Ru's behalf (never mind Gerald Ford that was all for Rubik!) Kinda wish they'd said they'd eat the cost of kenneling him for the week prior to his...departure, but hey...I guess they've got a business to run. And they didn't charge us for the day he...um...didn't use.

Of course we'll miss him, but he was 10. He's up in doggie heaven, eating a big fat turkey that he got out of a trash-can. And know what...nobody yelled at him for taking it.

1 comment:

MelSchmelPhel said...

I'm bummed about Rubik. Adam will be too...we can come over and let Adam pet all the hair off of our dogs in your backyard if it would make you feel better.

I'm sorry...hope you had a decent Xmas otherwise!