Monday, January 08, 2007

...and another thing...

Hey, I've got a great idea. Let's start an exotic feline rescue center in Indiana. Yeah, and we can keep lots of cougars in pens with no fencing on the top. I'm sure it'll be just fine.

Now, I'm not the kind of person to say "I told you so", but...well...the guy that runs this...well...I told him so. He basically told me where I could shove my advice.

My favorite part of the article is the part...wait...why don't I just go ahead and cut and paste it...
"Even though the cougar escaped its roofless pen on Friday afternoon, operator Joe Taft did not contact authorities until Saturday morning, when he told an employee of the Indiana Department of Natural Resources who in turn alerted conservation officers..."

Why on earth would the fine folks at the EFRC forget to tell the DNR when the animal actually went missing? Couldn't be because they were afraid of the publicity, could it? Looks like they'll be asking for folks to donate some chain-link fencing, eh?

Wow...I AM in a crappy mood. :-)

No comments: