Current mood: Contemplative
Just sitting here in the quiet house, kinda taking stock of things and feeling pretty good this evening. Many years ago, I dated a generally all-around pretty good guy. We went our seperate ways but keep in touch every so often. We're both happily married now (him to his high-school love and me to my college-love), and we've both got a new little boy (though his is newer than mine). Anyway, his son is really pretty sick; he was born with a heart defect that's required a few surgeries and has provided him and his wife with more than their share of worries and heartache. I follow the little guy's progress through his mom's blog and I'm always amazed at her ability to keep positive through all the craziness. I worry about a baby I've never met, born to a woman I've never met and a man I haven't seen in 12 years...I can't possibly imagine having to hand Connor over for surgery, seeing him with tubes and stitches...I feel a little sick just thinking about it. I guess you do what you have to do in order to make sure your child has the best possible chance, but I just wish everyone was as lucky as I've been. Knock-wood but Connor is as healthy as can be, and I couldn't be any more in love with Nick if I tried. Maybe it's the good Liberal in me, making me feel just a little bit guilty for having it so good. :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment